Friday, February 06, 2015

All Things New!

Brand New!

It's been a while. So long, in fact, that I couldn't remember what I'd last posted when I started cultivating the idea for this post. Interestingly, not only is the image I was thinking of shot the same morning as the one from the last post a year and a half ago, but the thoughts follow on as well. In the last post I was reflecting on our broken world. I came today thinking about God's promise:
“And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new."
Revelation 21:5
Similar to one of my early posts marveling at the complete metamorphosis of butterflies and moths and the picture that presents of God's promise of transformed lives in Christ, I'm enthralled and amazed when I consider the new lives of dragonflies as they emerge from life underwater to ruling the skies.  My words cannot capture the elegance, beauty and grace of an adult dragonfly. On a far grander scale, the Apostle Paul assures us,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared for those who love him.”

I Corinthians 2:9
Just as a dragonfly naiad could have no concept of the life that awaits it in the air one day, from where we are now we cannot begin to fathom the life God ultimately has in store for us when He makes all things new.